It’s the first Friday of the month, and that means it’s time for another Five on Friday! This month, I’ve put together a list of five things you can do at the public library besides borrow books. Some of these are specific to Moline Public Library, but I bet other libraries have a lot of these available too.
1. Get on the computer. At Moline Public Library we have several computers for patrons to use for word processing and getting online. In the Children’s department we also have some super-fun AWE computers that are preloaded with lots of fun kid-friendly games.
2. Borrow something other than a book. Board games, movies, video games, magazines, music CDs, science kits, phonics kits, tablets, local attraction passes, puzzles, puppets, and audiobooks are all available for checkout at Moline Public Library. Take a look at our catalog here!
3. Attend a program. Summer reading has wrapped up for the year, but we have awesome program available year-round, including storytimes, musical performances, arts and crafts, author appearances, STEM themed activities, and much, much more. You can check out our upcoming events on our calendar here.
4. Do homework. Our study rooms are available for anyone to use for a quiet place to work. tutor dot com, and of course we’re happy to help you find books about your subject.
5. Play! Toys, crayons and coloring pages, train table, Duplo building blocks table, giant Connect 4, board games, puzzles, puppets, and more are all available to check out or play with here at the library!
And that’s it for this month! I hope you keep this in mind the next time you visit the library. Be sure to check back in September, same bat time, same bat channel for the next 5 on Friday.