Happy Friday! Here is what’s new and newsworthy in children’s literature and public libraries.
- Why are there so many children’s books about anxiety?
- Goosebumps is 30! R.L. Stine reflects on the series and spending three decades scaring kids.
- Kwame Alexander is hosting a new reality show to find America’s Next Great Author.
- It’s been long said that reading improves empathy. But what does the science actually say?
- Children’s nonfiction has an image problem.
And that’s all for this month’s Five on Friday! I hope you all enjoyed checking out what’s new in the kidlit world. Be sure to check back in September for the next Five on Friday, and have a wonderful weekend!