- A study released Wednesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association finds that children benefit from attending full-day preschool, rather than part-time preschool. The study found improvements in four of six measures of school readiness: social development, language, math, and physical health.
- Readers of this blog know how much we love Brown Girl Dreaming around these parts, so you won’t be surprised that we want to share another post about the book and its wonderful author, Jacqueline Woodson. This is a short interview following her National Book Award win.
- Have you seen Mockingjay Part 1 yet? Here is a rundown of the movie for diehard fans. What do you think? How did it stack up against the other movies and the book?
- Want to know what the Association for Library Services to Children thinks are the best graphic novels for K-8th graders? These great lists will help guide you as you search for the best for you kids.
- We’re loving this recipe for peppermint playdough for the holidays!